The library, housed within the College’s dedicated library building, serves as a hub for fostering a conducive learning environment for the academic community. It is an integral component of the institution, devoted to curating a wide array of information resources spanning across the diverse subjects offered by the college curriculum. Structured into distinct sections including circulation, reference, and periodical display areas, the library boasts a rich collection of both print and electronic resources such as books, journals, magazines, and digital media. Currently, it houses an extensive inventory exceeding 30,000 books. Additionally, the library is a proud member of the N-LIST library consortium, granting authorized users access to a plethora of e-books and e-journals through personalized accounts. Employing the web-centric, open-source library management software KOHA, the library has streamlined its operational efficiency with a barcode-based automation system, simplifying tasks such as book check-in, check-out, and renewal.
- Library Access
a. Library Membership
Membership of the library is open for the teaching staff, students and non-teaching staff of the college. A non-member is not admitted to the library except with special permission from the Principal. Separate identity cards will be issued to every student. Books are issued to the users on the production of valid Identity Cards. In the case of staff (Teaching & Non-teaching) membership is allowed after submitting the duly filled in and signed membership form, recommended by the concerned HoD. The members are supposed to be conversant with and agreeable to the Library rules.
b. Book Lending Facility
Borrower categories and their entitlements
Borrowers Type Maximum no. of Books issued at a time Loan period Overdue charges
Undergraduate students 2-14 days Rs.1 per day
Postgraduate students 5-14 days Rs.1 per day
Teaching Staff (Permanent) 8-14 days Rs.1 per day
Teaching Staff (Contract) 5-14 days Rs.1 per day
Non-Teaching Staff 5-14 days Rs.1 per day
c. Damage/ Loss of Library Materials
Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
Users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement as per the rule. Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days. Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of college library.
d. Validity of Library Cards
Library cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities. It shall be returned to the library at the end of the course. Take special care to maintain the library cards. Do not fold or alter entries on the cards.
e. Loss of Library Cards
The loss of a library card should be reported to the librarian. The duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
f. No Due Certificate
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any, before obtaining the transfer certificate.
g. Damage/ Loss of Library Books
For loss of books the following procedure will be undertaken as per G.O.1028/A3/93.H.Edn. dated 28/05/1993.
i) If new edition or copies of the lost books are available with the book suppliers, the book has to be replaced by a new one.
(ii) If the lost book is not available for replacement, the value of the lost book will be realized at the following rates:-
a. Ten times the face value of the books which were published prior to 1946.
b. Six times the face value of the books which were published prior to 1970.
c. Three times the face value of the books in all other cases.
d. If the book value cannot be ascertained from the Library Stock Registers compensation will be fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication at the time of fixation.
2. Library Rules & Regulations
- Registration should be done to become a member and to use library resources.
- Strict silence and discipline must be observed inside the library.
- College identity card is compulsory for all users. This card is strictly non-transferable.
- The users must record their visit to the library.
- Users are supposed to deposit their personal belongings at the property counter prior to their entry into the library.
- Library follows an open access system and users should try to replace books in their original position in the shelf after consulting. If in doubt, they may keep the book on their reading table.
- Newspapers, Magazines and Journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken outside.
- Users should not disturb the arrangements of books.
- Users should take care of cleanliness of the library.
- The Library will be open from 9.30am to 4.30 pm on all working days.
- Books from the library will be issued on days and hours notified by the Librarian.
- Students must examine books issued to them and report damages, if any, to the Librarian before taking them away.
- Books issued must be returned within fourteen days from the date of issue.
- Users who fail to return the books within the due date shall pay a fine of Re. 1/- per book per day.
- Users are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials from/to other students.
- Reference documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals and Project Reports are only for consultation within the Library.
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, tear pages or otherwise damage the resources of the library in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
- Library materials may not be taken outside without proper authentication by library staff.