ATTENDANCE AND LEAVE RULES
1. The working day is divided into five periods, three in the forenoon and two in the afternoon. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of each period. Students who absent themselves for one period in the forenoon or afternoon session will lose half-day’s attendance. Absence for one period in each session means absence for the whole day.
2. Leave applications should be submitted to the Principal through the concerned group tutor.
3. Application for leave on grounds of illness shall be supported by the Medical Certificate.
4. A student being absent himself/herself from the college for more than 14 consecutive working days without satisfactory explanation will lead to the elimination of his/her name from the rolls and the matter shall immediately be brought to the notice of the Registrar of the University.
5. Attendance for examination is compulsory except on account of illness or other unforeseen circumstances.
6. A student shall be permitted to appear for the semester examination, only if he/she secures not less than 75% attendance in each semester. Attendance will be maintained by the concerned Department. Condonation of shortage of attendance to a maximum of 9 days in a semester subject to a maximum of two times during the whole period of a Degree Programme may be granted by the University.
7. Benefits of attendance may be granted to students who attend the approved activities of college/university with prior concurrence of the Head of the institution. Participation in such activities may be treated as presence in lieu of their absence on production of participation / attendance certificate in curricular/extracurricular activities. It should be limited 9 days in a semester.